Ne MADRID NIGHTS: Half Expected

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Half Expected

Charlton 2 Tottenham 3

The reports I have read by people who were at The Valley this afternoon agree that it could have gone either way; there were problems with the referee, and the rain, and Charlton getting over confident when the score reached 2-0 after 48 minutes. Said reports are the Inspector, here, (complete with abusive comment showing the literary level of some Spurs supporters) and Mr. Wyn Grant, here. I half expected it as this week the media finally accepted that Charlton were in second place, and loads of 'experts' suddenly started to tip them to beat Tottenham, even Mark Lawrenson, so I knew things might not turn out the way I hoped.

I am fearfully busy trying to remember how to be a language teacher again after managing not to think about the job at all for about three months. All good things come to an end, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home