Ne MADRID NIGHTS: Up Ending

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Up Ending

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Izale McLeod was up-ended twice in almost as many minutes

Charlton 2 Norwich City 0

I am travelling in the UK at the moment, so greetings to all my readers from the Cyber Centre at Ayr Public Library. I haven't posted for a while, so I thought that for today, as I haven't much time, I'd emulate the BBC and tell you the bleeding obvious, i.e. that I am delighted at Charlton's late last-gasp win on Tuesday. Last-gasp, for after 84 minutes the score was 0-0; and then Izale McLeod, who'd come on as a sub, was racing towards goal with the ball at his feet (see above) when he was brought down. Andy Reid scored from the penalty; the game restarted; McLeod once more set off for goal with the ball at his feet, and swipe me, he was brought down again! And Reid scored from the spot, again. Two penalties in three minutes, and to think that a couple of years back, a whole season went by without Charlton being awarded a penalty at all, though that was in the Premiership, where only Big Clubs are allowed to have penalties, of course.

Since I last posted, Charlton have also kept a clean sheet at Palace, winning there 1-0, as I hoped they might in my last posting, and they also fought back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Colchester, where inevitably, Kevin Lisbie scored against us, just as everyone had said he would.

We have also restarted the quiz, with still a few regulars missing, (well of course I was missing this week, too), winning the first outing after a thrilling tie break after a 130-all draw, but losing out the second time.

So now Charlton are up in third place, nicely tucked in behind the leaders, always a nice place to be. Being out in front puts too much pressure on you. Home to Leicester this coming Saturday, which is the day I will recommence living through Madrid's famous Nights once again.

See you soon after that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home