Ne MADRID NIGHTS: Live Score Blues - Bad for Reds

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Live Score Blues - Bad for Reds




Arsenal 4 Charlton 0

All right, that's it. My feelings early this afternoon were, I now realise, a replica of what they had been on the first day of the season when we were visiting Bolton. I thought we'd be hard pushed to win, but a 1-1 scoreline was feasible. I stayed at home all that afternoon updating Live Score, with the final result a 4-1 defeat. And I've just done it again, with the above result. I am beginning to notice that whenever I stay glued to Live Score, the result is a disaster, so I don't think I'd better do it any more.

Just look: the games against Southampton; Blackburn; Birmingham; Grimsby; Portsmouth have all been positive ones for Charlton in that they didn't lose, and sometimes won. They all took place while I was out, or in Britain. The Aston Villa match I felt superstitious about, so didn't look at Live Score until the match was over. That was our best result this season so far, 3-0. The ones I have followed on Live Score have been at Bolton; Arsenal and Manchester City. Total goals for, 1; total goals against, 12; points, zéro, as they say on the Eurovision Song Contest. No, I mustn't do it any more.

I didn't expect much today, but half-hoped for that draw. But another four sailing past us, even when it is Arsenal, is rather hard to take.

I don't suppose the fault really lies with Live Score, but it won't do any harm not to be glued to it all Saturday afternoon. I might even get other things done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home