Ne MADRID NIGHTS: The Way Forward

Friday, September 10, 2004

The Way Forward

I have had a quiet day at home, after being down the pub last night for the England game. Now that I have all-day access, it is frightening just how much time goes by while I am sitting at the computer. I got up around 11.55 this morning, and now it is just past 11.55 again, tonight, so that’s twelve hours and a little bit, in which time I have cooked and eaten two meals, though one of them was just a tin of chicken soup, showered, been out shopping for a bit, done the washing up and er, that’s it, more or less. Oh I shaved as well, just before going shopping. So I must have been sitting at the computer for about eight or nine of those twelve hours, and it might well be the case. By the time I’ve read the newspaper and football sites, which I do each morning, and then checked the mails, and looked at the newsgroups I patronise, anything between one and two hours can go by, and if there’s any other hobby-horse to be riding, then any amount of time can be spent staring at the monitor.

Anyway, today I decided to investigate Blogger, as there have been lots of new features made available since I started up, getting on for four months ago now, and maybe I would like to choose a different look, and correct some of the anomalies, like having two counters showing different numbers, and post more pictures, and maybe alter the actual layout. I have also activated certain switches which will eventually lead to more readers. Not only that, I have been browsing the various articles that the helpful Blogger personnel have been writing, to help us along. I was very pleased to note that they encourage people to try to write properly, using the correct punctuation, capitalisations, sentence structure and so on, rather than the truncated style used by people who send text messages. They also recommend shorter, more bite-sized pieces, rather than what they refer to as long rants (my last piece, for example, certainly qualifies as that). I also learned of the existence of the Apostrophe Protection Society, which I'd better join...

So, faithful readers, stand by for a few changes; there might soon be adverts as well, as small amounts of money can be made in this way, once you’ve worked out how to incorporate them. But in for a penny, in for a pound, as they used to say (in for a cent, in for a euro does not have the same feel about it), and I’m going to have a shot. Watch this space.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home