Ne MADRID NIGHTS: Bothered

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Bothered

Charlton 1 Liverpool 2

So the botheration came later on. I don't know if Raquel's hocus-pocus had a delayed effect on Charlton on Tuesday night, but apparently they were overrun in the second half by Liverpool and lost a good chance to move up the table. The usual commentators said that Charlton looked tired in the second half, adducing the fact that they had played in the cup on Saturday, while Liverpool had had a break. Well I hope that is the sole reason. But if Raquel is reading, I was only teasing.

Our quiz team on Monday night once again crashed into third place, for no particular reason that anyone could come up with, and I jokingly mentioned to David that when I got round to writing about it I was going to blame Raquel. Then when I got home that night and couldn't start the computer because of a disk error (which subsequently righted itself) I did begin to wonder.

I haven't even found the time to write anything this week, what with feeling slightly unwell, so maybe it is time for a little positive thinking around here. I think there is a book of spells somewhere, one of those joky ones written by a lady from Yeovil, if I remember rightly, and kick off at Newcastle is in one hour. There might be time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home