Ne MADRID NIGHTS: Not Much Time for Disappointment

Friday, April 14, 2006

Not Much Time for Disappointment

Middlesbrough 4 Charlton 2

As I mentioned in my last, I have been in England, and I had supposed that I would spend Wednesday evening watching this game on my friends' television, but as things turned out, I didn't. A family birthday led to an invitation to all of us to decamp down the Wirral to Mold in North Wales, the land of my fathers, for a celebration meal, and in all honesty I think I had a better evening than I otherwise would have, from what I can gather.

It is not just that Charlton failed to progress in the Cup, but more that they are beginning to look rather like they looked one year ago, and that is the worrying thing. There is more speculation going on about whether Curbs will stay, and there are even people who think he might be well advised to go. The Inspector's page, and the people writing comments there, will furnish the details.

For myself, I have been so busy packing and getting myself safely back to Madrid, which I did, earlier today, that I have had little time to be disappointed, although I suspect I am, just the same. I'll see how I feel after the Fulham match tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home